The Blogger Files #1 | Jenny Barrett


Welcome to the first of our Hull Blogger interviews, where you can get to know each of us and perhaps learn something new. Today we’re chatting with Jenny Barrett, blogger of two years, who loves beauty, travel and lifestyle. 


Who are you and what do you blog about?
“I’ve been blogging for a little over two years. My blog strap line is ‘Fashion. Food. Fun’ which encompasses most of what I enjoy writing about, but recently I’ve been branching out into beauty, travel and lifestyle/opinion which I’ve also been enjoying.



What inspired you to start blogging?
“When I was at uni I started to notice fashion differently and wanted a platform to be able to speak about it freely. The name of my blog (Curious Alice Loves…) came from the first book I studied as part of my degree, Alice in Wonderland.

What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
“Being able to have a little space to express exactly what I want, how I want. I really enjoy the social side of blogging as well, and have met some absolutely lovely people as a result.

What’s your least favourite thing about blogging?
Getting a creativity or writers block – not having a regular stream of fresh post ideas, or being able to quite executive a post the way you had imagined, can be a really annoying and disheartening. Sometimes that’s just how it is, but at the time I can’t help but feel anxious that lack of new/good content will drive readers away.



Any blogs you love to read?
“I really enjoy reading posts by my fellow #HullBloggers as it’s interesting to see their take on restaurants we’ve tried or events we’ve been to, as well as seeing what new brands they’ve discovered. Aside from that I’ve mainly being watching vlogs lately; my favourite being Lily Melrose. She’s a real girl who pleases herself and shares it with the world, I like that.

Advice to give to newbie bloggers?
Make friends with us! Blogging can be a very solitary pursuit at times, so to have a community of people to share your questions/concerns/achievements with is a huge help.


Keep up with Jenny and her blog by following her on Twitter and Instagram!



Fancy seeing your face and blog here? Get in touch with us on hullbloggers@outlook.com or via our Twitter page. 

Unknown

Currently, this blog is manned by three of our Hull Bloggers team - Courtney, Hannah and Charley. But we'd love to have more of you involved - Hull based or not! Click on our Get Involved tab for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment